- Pharmacy is the field of science providing appropriate knowledge about the usage and delivery of medical services. In today’s scenario role of a pharmacist becomes important as he is the key man for achieving definite outcomes that improves patient quality of life.
- Pharmacist is the most accessible member of today’s health care team, and often are the first source of assistance and advice on many common ailments and health care matters. Thus they are also known as the master of medicines. Job opportunities for pharmacists are expected to grow about as fast as the average for all occupations, mainly due to the increased pharmaceutical needs of a larger and older population.
A brief account of opportunities pursued by the Pharmacy graduates;
- High demand of Pharmacy professionals in MNC’s (Multi National Companies) in India and Abroad.
- Pharmacist in railway, government hospitals, rural health centers, defense, private hospitals & institutions, airports, Shipping Corporation, embassies etc.
- Production Pharmacist in Company
- Quality Control Chemist in Company
- Retail and wholesale medical store
- Drug Inspector
- Food Inspector
- Drug Commissioner (State Govt.)
- Drug Controller (Central Govt.)
- Member of Drug Technical Advisory Board
- Inspectors of AICTE and PCI
- Member of pharmacy council of India
- Drug Analysis in Govt. & Private Lab
- Research Scientist
- Formulation Development
- Drug regulatory Affairs
- Pharmacy Consultancy services
- Medicinal Plant Cultivation
- Small scale production and repacking units
- Food and Beverage Industry.
- Cosmetics and Toiletries preparation Industry.
- Herbal Drug Research and Developments.
- Pharmacologist, Clinical trial, Toxicological Studies, Biotechnological research and Manufacturing.
- Medical transcription
- Medical representatives
- Academics (Research and Education in Medical and Pharmacy colleges)
- All Graduate Base Employment in other fields.